12th June 2008
We are pleased to announce the release of GNAT GPL 2008, the Ada Toolset for Academic users and FLOSS developers.
It introduces hundreds of enhancements including:
- Availability on the Windows .NET platform
- Upgrade of the debugging engine
- Improvement in robustness and efficiency for Ada 2005 features
- Many new warnings & restrictions to help programmers detect errors earlier
- Companion tools such as gprof, gcov, gnatcheck, gnatpp and gnatmetric are being enhanced to support a wider variety of needs, coding styles, and coding standards
- Support for Pre/Post conditions
GNAT GPL 2008 comes with version 4.2.1 of the GNAT Programming Studio IDE and GNATbench 2.1, the GNAT plug-in for Eclipse.
It is available on the GNU Linux (32 and 64 bit), .NET, and Windows platforms.
GNAT GPL 2008 can be downloaded from the “Download GNAT GPL Edition” section on https://libre.adacore.com/